Monday, December 29, 2003

Battlefield Earth
A Saga Of The Year 3000

This film starred John Travolta and Forest Whitaker. The film is about the Slave politics of the year 3000 as humans are captured from Earth to be taken as slaves to slave colonies in space. I had the chance to speak to Forest Whitaker in cyberspace regarding a sequel. See the notes in the Panic Room Interview Below with noisecontrol1 as the questioner.

Forest Whitaker Interview:

From directing (Waiting to Exhale) to acting (Good Morning, Vietnam), Forest Whitaker knows filmmaking. Chat with Forest about his acting experience with Jodie Foster in "Panic Room" which debuted at #1 in its opening weekend.



8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Do you have a question for Forest Whitaker? Click the submit question button and enter your question now.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Now is a great time to get your question in for Forest Whitaker. Make it creative and you just may see your question onstage!

DishDiva says: You may also remember Forest from his role in "Good Morning, Vietnam."

DishDiva says: Have you seen "Panic Room" yet? If so, tell us about it!

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Did you know that Forest Whitaker directed "Hope Floats" with Sandra Bullock?

DishDiva says: He also directed "Waiting to Exhale."

redbrainy in Onstage1 asks: I found the movie very good and i hope to find more movies with you in them

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Did you know Forest also appeared in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"?

PheriRayne in Onstage3 asks: I didn't know you directed "Hope Floats" and "Waiting to Exhale" both very good movies, that I own....keep up the good work, Forest!!!

DishDiva says: Your hosts for this event are Trish, Joan, Maree and Mark. If you have any questions about this event, they can help!

DishDiva says: For more on your favorite entertainment stories visit MSN Entertainment at http://entertainment.msn.com

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Please note that you only need to submit your question once.

DishDiva says: We'll try to get to as many questions as we can in this event!

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Great questions this afternoon! Forest will be joining us onstage in less than 10 minutes!

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Welcome to MSN Live. In just a fe minutes actor/director will be onstage to answer YOUR questions about his latest film, "Panic Room" in which he stars alongside Jodie Foster.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

DishDiva says: Welcome to MSN Live. This afternoon we are pleased to welcome actor/dircetot Forest Whitaker to MSN Live for the very first time.

DishDiva says: Forest, welcome and congratulations on the #1 film last weekend!

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Thank you, I'm excited!

Butterflyblue97 in Onstage1 asks: Were you suprised by how well the "Panic Room" did upon release?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Honestly, I thought "Panic Room" would be a success before I started. In the hands of David Fincher, I thought it was perfect. The thing that was different for him, was a degree of hope. It had a morality about it that would attract people.

hottiegurl126 in Onstage1 asks: What was your favorite scene in the movie?

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I liked the scene where I'm administering insulin to Kristen, the little girl. I liked the dynamic of that.

PatrioticStipe in Onstage3 asks: Do you like to play the bad guy or the good guy most?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I didn't consider this guy a bad guy. I like to play what you would consider normal, that go through things and you might consider them bad. I played two hit men before but I never considered them bad guys.

rosenville in Onstage1 asks: What was it like shooting in the same location for so long?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: It was really hard on the crew and at times on the cast. For me it was good because I am normally work out of town. I live in Los Angeles and since we filmed there, I was able to go home and see friends and have almost a normal life.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

NeonStreetsYolanda in Onstage1 asks: Thanks Forest for doing the chat tonight, I was wondering what You and the Others {Dwight Yoakam and Jared Leto} did in the off time during filming throughout the days? Loved the movie! Yolanda in California

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: They were doing different things. Dwight was working on "South of Heaven West of Hell" so he was working on music. Jared was coming out with a new band. I had a new puppy and was working hard on training him. He grew up during that film.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: His name is Pharroah and he's a Doberman Pinchser.

SarahLydia in Onstage1 asks: Forest, is being famous everthing it's cracked up to be?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I was talking to my friend about that today. Sometimes there are benifits, you get to know people you never would have, you have experiences you wouldn't have before, the down side is the inability to go out and do normal things without having an exchange

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: with someone else. I do everything I did before, but I realize that if I'm in public I know I will be dealing with people. I like people, but sometimes I want a quiet moment.

DishDiva says: Do people tend to leave you alone when you are doing private things like shopping?

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: People don't even leave you alone in the bathroom. If you're in an arguement in your personal life people will still come up to you and want to talk. That's the down side. But you also get to meet a lot of people and most people are so nice to me. I guess

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: everything has to be a balance, so it's good an bad.

rusty_crowe_bar in Onstage3 asks: Which role required the most research for you to get into character?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I would say Bird, about Charlie Parker, not only did I have to study his life, I had to learn about the instrument, the saxophone, the emotions and diction deeply. It was a lot of work.

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: That was the most difficult. I haven't had many roles that were as difficult.

Manolis_Varnasactor1 in Onstage1 asks: Forest what do you love beeing most a director or an actor?

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I prefer to direct. To be able to tell the whole story, play around with sound, I love that. I can't continue to direct over and over, I have to take breaks because it takes so much out of me. I act inbetween, acting is almost a break for me now.

Mystical759 in Onstage1 asks: What would you say to someone who wants to be an actor?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I'd say, if you really want to, pursue your dream. Just commit yourself completely, dance out on a ledge, push yourself as far as you can go emotionally and spiritually to capture the truth. Don't compromise.

flyskwirlgirl in Onstage1 asks: Why did your character wear his company jacket, risking identification?

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Junior (Jared's character) told me no one would be there, that it was his grandfather's house and gave me the key to go in. So basically I was going with a guy who's grandfather had died and wanted to open his own safe. I thought he was trying to cheat

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: his family not the law.

Ev1lFoo in Onstage3 asks: What kind of input did you have at how the final scenes played out in "Panic Room"?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I didn't really have input. The way it was scripted there was the normal input of how you acted. But I thought that was the perfect way for the character to end. He was a tragic hero, a lot of audiences wanted a different result and I understand.

noisecontrol1 in Onstage1 asks: What was working with David Fincher like considering your previous directing experience?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: David is a unique filmmaker. I haven't worked with a director that's as technically proficient as David and knows how far you can push it. As an actor I try not to think about it. One shot may take a day so you can't be aware of what's going on so as a

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: filmmaker, that was interesting to see what was going on.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I got into acting through music. I was studying classical voice. I was doing a light opera and an agent saw me and asked if they could send me out on acting auditions. I had just switched to acting conservatory, and I acted in my first year there in "Fast

BgRig in Onstage1 asks: What made you decide to go into acting and do you ever regret doing so?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Times at Ridgemont High." I don't regret acting, I just wonder what I will come in the future.

rosenville in Onstage1 asks: When you started acting did you know you would eventually direct?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: No. It wasn't my goal. Originally my goals were to work on Broadway in New York. That was my only thought.

NitemareGothik in Onstage3 asks: Maybe you can help me. What was it that "Raoul" was picking up after you, Kristen, and Dwight left the (panic) room?

Shannon1979_ in Onstage1 asks: Forest if you could work with anyone who would it be and why?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Raoul was picking up his fingers, they had been crushed in the door and fell off.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Barry Soderberg, I also like Ang Li, I also like the director of "Amorous Paros," and I like the director of "Amelie."

games_on1 in Onstage1 asks: Forest what role did you learn the most from?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Again it would probably be Bird because I was a young actor and didn't know how far I could push my work. I just went out there and if I failed, I failed, but I was going to go out there and jump. That has taught me how far I could go as an actor and f

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: filmmaker.

Rainy_284 in Onstage1 asks: Forest what's it like working with Jodie Foster?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I mainly saw Jodie passing in the hallway. In the movie I'm in one room and she's in the other. Most of the time while we were working she was at home and vise versa. So we never had contact but 2 scenes. In the last scene I thought she was a really

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: focused artist, but I didn't have dialogue with her.

LocalHfan2k2 in Onstage1 asks: What type of movies did you enjoy as a teenager? Why?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I guess I liked martial arts movies. I was a big fan of Bruce Lee. I saw "Five Fingers of Death" and then started to see Bruce Lee and saw "Fists of Fury" and "Enter the Dragon." I didn't go to the movies that often. I didn't go to a walk in theater until

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I was in high school.

DishDiva says: Why is that?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: When I was young we went to the drive-ins and saw what my parents wanted to. When I got older, I was an hour drive away from home at school, so after football practice I would just go home.

DishDiva says: What's a better movie experience for you? Drive in or a traditional movie theatre?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: They closed down most of the drive-ins. When I directed "Hope Floats" I made them build a drive in. In Austin Texas there wasn't one, they asked if they could just sit on a cliff and look at the lights, and I told them a drive-in is romantic and

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: nostalgic, so I made them build that one.

noisecontrol1 in Onstage1 asks: When is Battlefield Earth going to come out...The Sequel?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I think that John would like to do a part 2. No one has discussed me being involved.

BRENNA_7 in Onstage1 asks: every movie i have seen of yours, you make the role you are playing seem so real.. is it hard to reach that far inside your self to make it seem so real?

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: That's the only reason why I switched from classical voice to acting, it was more honest and tell stories that were true. The journey is why I do what I do. Part of the reason I do that work is because it's what drives me to do the work.

Reesicup in Onstage1 asks: What do you have lined up for the near future?

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: I have 3 more movies coming out this year "Green Dragon" it was at Sundance last year. Then "The Phone Booth" that I did with Colin Farrell that comes out in the fall.

DishDiva says: Forest, thank you so much for answering audience questions tonight about your latest film "Panic Room."

Forest_Whitaker_Live says: Thanks for showing up, it was really nice, and hopefully we'll talk again

DishDiva says: From all of your fans on MSN, best of luck with your upcoming films!

DishDiva says: Got a comment for Forest Whitaker? Click the submit question button now and enter your comments now!

DishDiva says: Forest had left the stage but we happy to take your comments now!

BRENNA_7 in Onstage1 asks: thanks so much, you are the best , you should win more awards

NeonStreetsYolanda in Onstage3 asks: Good Night Forest See You at the Movies, Yolanda

games_on1 in Onstage1 asks: we love you keep it up!

rosenville in Onstage1 asks: Thanks Forest, you're an awesome actor and director.

games_on1 in Onstage1 asks: we love to see you at the movies ,you really make it seem so real . your the man!

Madziusia in Onstage1 asks: I love your shows thank you for answering our questions -Maggie

FungousNevada in Onstage3 asks: thanks for taking the time forest....

SarahLydia in Onstage1 asks: You are a great actor, Forest, and I hope I get this opportunity to talk with you again!

games_on1 in Onstage1 asks: HE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THATS KEEPIN IT REAL!

redbrainy in Onstage1 asks: I really liked your movie hope to see more of them bye

BRENNA_7 in Onstage1 asks: please keep making more great films

canucks__26 in Onstage1 asks: your a great actor forest!!!!!

Felicity_K in Onstage3 asks: Great work, Forest. see you in the movies!

missystin0 in Onstage1 asks: love ya! thanks for taking the time to be here.

rainbowgrl32 in Onstage3 asks: you are wonderful and thank you!!

DishDiva says: For more on upcoming releases check out MSN Entertainment at http://entertainment.msn.com and http://accesshollywood.msn.com

NitemareGothik in Onstage3 asks: Thanks for answering my question about the fingers...That really helped me draw the picture...

games_on1 in Onstage1 asks: it rocks to see an actor take the time for his fans! hats off and respect to you !

addidi0 in Onstage1 asks: I love you since The Crying Game : ) You are the best

canucks__26 in Onstage1 asks: i loved u in fast times u rocked

DishDiva says: Thank you to Forest Whitaker for joining us tonight!

DishDiva says: Thanks also to tonight's hosts Mark, Maree, Trish, Budd and Joan!

DishDiva says: We'll see you again next week!

8Thank you! Our guest has received your question and will make every effort to answer it. However, due to the large number of questions submitted, not all questions can be answered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home