Friday, April 23, 2004

Korean Cafe'

www.noisecontrolpub.com - Noisecontrol Publishing

Korean Cafe'
by Christopher J. Bradley
(c)2004

Shuffling my feet,
Across the doorstep,
Of my favorite Cafe'
I am greeted by Koreans,
Who recognize Konichiwa as Hello.

And so I greet them and bow and sit,
And wait for a break,
In their chatterings,
To hand them free CD's.

The american's among us didn't impress me much.
They like looking at the skin,
With them its always the skin,
And never the soul.

I could share soul with these Koreans,
A train exploded in their home country tonight,
Not certain if it is North or South?
Does it matter when mass catastrophe's cause death?

BBC was on-target with even handed reporting,
I read it from my Cell Phone while they listened dazed,
And they insisted I must be smart,
Having so many versatile backgrounds,
If only I had their jobs,
Their wives,
Their children,
To call my own.

Still, I have my loved ones,
But theirs are dear to me as well,
An oppressed, Conquered people,
They have known suffering,
As I suffer of the mind,
And I should say,

This Korean Cafe'
must take a name,
Akin to Orange Fury,
Or The Lucky Leaf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home