Sunday, December 28, 2003

I'm not a prophet, martyr, saint, or theologian of any kind. I've just got my back up against a wall and I'm clapping back. The new world economy has been one of information for years. We just never had enough of it to impress anyone with. I am becoming increasingly impressed with what we can create together.

A joining of hands around a camp fire would be nice. Capture the flag would be nice, a nice Canoe Trip in the Canadian woods would be nice. I can't do any of these things now that I'm too old to get my feet wet, but I'll tell you what, I did them as a kid and every kid deserves these opportunities in a world with as many gifts as we have here.

I know a couple of things have jogged my memory in the recent past. One of them was seeing all of the boy scout troup leaders in the area get together. I am glad to have shaken hands with some of them. They still do a respectable job of raising American youth and we should be proud of them. If I ever need a fire lit, I know just the boy scout to ask. While I couldn't finance a night out, I was there in spirit and I am sure that if he reads this entire rant he knows it. Boy Scouts can survive with flint and steel in the coldest of climates. And he's got plenty of flint.

I watch my neighbor take his kids to play high school hockey and I think man, what an expensive sport, but the kids love it and they are tough ones. They play their radio loud, like I used to back in the day. I only wish they would play me some of their own music. I know that they are multitalented as well. We all are multitalented with digital gear on the cheap. Heck, my brother's got synthesis drum pads, and I never would have imagined being able to afford them in my day. They were a crazy Depeche Mode eerie Japanese Tycho drum type thing back then and nothing would have stopped me from buying their entire gettup when they were done with it if I were a Gazillionaire like Don Johnson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home