Thursday, February 26, 2004

This morning the epiphany hit. I've had it before, but not like today. People are working on the Internet all day long to make their stories, their songs, their love connections, their real estate deals, their auctions and all sorts of other things. Why not just roll with the punches and let the chips dance. I think I'm in love with this medium not so much because of what I was, but what I have an opportunity to become, and not because I have little else, but because I have the means of production and they are right here in front of me. I am not going out tonight, and I am not going to chase a lost dream in the darkness of a Buffalo twilight time sort of encasement in that diner in Kill Switch where Pico Salazar may or may not be.

Today I conversed with some very real and noble people. I met Edilberto, who I've not given my whole heart to just yet. I've kind of kept him in my hip pocket like a nice revolver because I know he's on top of this beef. In fact he's been logging his travels back into the very early 90s and he's got some really good work in front of him. I asked him to sing me south, because I'm not ready to go South. The tropics are exciting and alluring, but they are no place for the meek at heart and I really haven't quite gathered that kind of courage yet. I also met a girl named andysheart who's got quite a lot of rapid typing skill and I am sure that she will go far in the long run. It seems like she's a little new to the environment, but she is friendly and makes a good listener to my rants.

Then there's Yvonne. Yvonne has been a great mentor and a help to me by providing some creative resources on her websites. Simple things like birth and death notices and historical information that bleeds into the papers. She is good at what she does and she has been at it for a little while at least.

And then again there's Bruce - With his short quips you might think at first that there's not much under the hood but when you lift the lid - Whoa. I am impressed he's got a V8 with Nitrous.

I know I met more than these few. But I'll save them for another day, another days work, and another days pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home