Monday, December 29, 2003

I think I managed to go an entire day forgetting to write about Paycheck the new Ben Affleck Movie. That's a shame. Many people may have already gone to see it.

Paycheck is a movie directed by John Woo (Hong Kong Action Guy) and written by Philip K. Dick (now deceased). Philip K. Dick is known for writing the book "Do Androids Dream of Electrick Sheep?" which the movie Blade Runner was based on.

While I have never read an entire book by Dick, I have read some of his short stories while sitting in Barnes and Noble. He's a tough writer, and he really plays with the Paranoid fantasies that we all have. He's closer to Orwell than you would think.

Paycheck is a movie where a Reverse Engineer agrees to have his Brain Wiped to steal Semi-Conductor Technology, In Order to Build A Machine That Can See Into The Future. I Hope I Haven't Spoiled It Here. In Any Case, He Falls In Love With Uma Thurman, And It Is Not Entirely Clear Whether She Is Working With Or Against Him.

The Movie Appears To Be Set In the Present Day, But It Is Clear That We Don't Have Time Machines Today, Or Do We?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home