Monday, April 05, 2004

Evolution and Genetics

www.noisecontrolpub.com - Noisecontrol Publishing - Man, this tape is more and more daunting to me, I can keep listening to it, but it keeps throwing all this game theory and gene distribution and extinction and natural selection stuff at me. It's nice to listen to because it helps to enhance vocabulary, but it is annoying that my comprehension is so low when it comes to this subject matter.

I can understand some of the motives driving this kind of work. And especially the need to keep so much of it under wraps, Darwin held off on releasing his studies for nearly 8 years because he was nervous that the world was not ready to accept any theory counter to the supremacy of creation theory. And he had traveled all over the world, getting many of his ideas sparked in the Galapagos islands. That stuff I can understand, much beyond that, and I get lost. The tape is so long and excruciating that it's kind of masochistic to listen to it. As I get better at listening to it perhaps I will get better at it, and be able to connect with some of the researchers still living today to find out if I can clone myself... :>

Chris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home