Monday, April 05, 2004

Herkimer Stones

www.noisecontrolpub.com - Noisecontrol Publishing -

Herkimer Stones
by Christopher J. Bradley
(c)2004

Jennifer,
You sent me the Herkimer Stones,
Sharing with the Diamonds of your little rock Quarry,
They were meant to be a symbol of love.
I wish I had the nerve,
When I had received them,
To Write you Back,
And tell you how much I was impressed.

I was a little boy,
And while you were not allowed to listen to rock,
You had grown up,
And I just trounced on,
Like a big green Ogre.

Now I find myself alone,
And I cannot place,
Why I didn't even respond to your recent Christmas card,
You deserve better than has happened,
And I know that the world is hard on all of us,
I just know,
That if I don't deserve anyone,
I don't deserve anyone with as good a heart,
As you have bled,
In your ink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home