Monday, December 29, 2003

Well, I've been sleeping, so I have to wonder, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Of course they might, but then I would have to wonder why they just dream of the real thing..

Somehow an entire day passed and then it was night, and I was sitting here wondering, yet again, where have all the people gone, Am I left to my own electric fantasies and the glare of the television.

What can you imagine in the dark?

At least I have Edison to thank for the electric lightbulb. Lincoln wasn't even that lucky, he had to burn a candle to study at night.

I remember talking a couple of days ago to my mother about Valley Forge and how Washington attacked on the 26th to take advantage of the drunkenness of his opponents in the war for independence.

What a row. I wouldn't have otherwise remembered that if a friend hadn't brought it up over coffee this Friday. I am also disappointed that I didn't get to visit him on Saturday, due to a lack of transportation again.

One of these days, I'm actually going to get my car back from the mechanic. That may or may coincide with my ever getting paid. Which kind of leaves me in the lurch for the moment, writing for free, looking for a place to rest my feet.

Lately my feet have been one of the least comfortable places on me. I have bad sneakers and it's winter. The idea of paying for a good pair has me a little annoyed. 79 dollars for a pair of Nike's or Addidas is still too much. I'd rather spend that kind of money on a hot date,
But the dates are few and far between too.

I remember with fondness my last date, It happened on the day of my best friend's father's funeral. I ended up having to make the special effort to get there, and what's worse, it was our first date. She wasn't interested in meeting me after I went to the thing.

I am disappointed that that friend has kind of stopped returning my phone calls, and writes nothing to me on my website. He thinks me to liberal. I will call him to the day too conservative. He has chosen to let our politics get in the way of our friendship and I think that is awful.

There must be something more to talk about, but it is night, and the oil paintings hang on the piano, and the stereo record player sits next to me waiting to get hooked up, and the mirrors are bouncing me back and forth in Edison's light, and the speaker is about to beep as I save this, and we are all together in the void, like planets about to align. Pray that it doesn't happen on May 5, 2005. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home